Online fraction calculator with step by step instructions
If you are looking for a handy tool for adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing fractions, try this online Fraction calculator
Just enter the fractions, choose the operation(s) from the drop-down menu, click 'Calculate' and get the answer and step by step solution for your fraction problem.
How to use the online fraction calculator
1. Select if you need to compute 2 or 3 fractions.
2. Enter the fractions in the provided fields. For proper and improper fractions, fill in the numerator and denominator fields. For mixed fractions, also fill the field corresponding to the whole part.
For negative fractions put a minus sign in front of a fraction.
3. Select the operation you wish to perform from the drop-down menu. If you calculate three fractions, you can combine operations.
4. Click "Calculate".
Solving problems with fractions
If you are a student that has difficulties with fractions or you a parent of a student who is learning fractions, then this is the app for you.
Fraction calculator with steps has everything you need for teaching and learning fractions. It not just calculates the answer, but shows you how the problem was solved.
The fraction calculator app helps you understand and practice:
- adding fractions with the same denominator
- adding fractions with different denominators
- adding two and three fractions
- adding mixed numbers
- subtracting fractions with the same denominator
- subtracting fractions with different denominators
- subtracting fractions and whole numbers
- subtracting mixed numbers
- adding and subtracting three fractions
- multiplying fractions
- multiplying fractions with whole numbers and mixed numbers
- multiplying mixed numbers
- dividing fractions
- dividing fractions with whole numbers
- dividing mixed numbers
To perform operations on more than 3 fractions, use Fraction Calculator XL
. This calculator performs operations with up to 6 fractions and shows detailed solution of the problem. You can use this calculator to add, subtract, multiply and divide simple and improper fractions and mixed numbers.
If you want to reduce fractions to lowest terms, try our Simplifying fractions calculator
To compare two or three fractions, you can use the Compare Fractions
app. This calculator lets you compare fractions, improper fractions and mixed numbers.
If you need a calculator that performs operations with integers, fractions, decimals and mixed numbers, use Fraction Pro
. The calculator supports brackets and numbers with exponents.